College Admissions Assistance

When you’re wanting to go back to college or enroll for the first time, you’re alone. There are millions of individuals who didn’t go to college after completing high school and went into the military, got a job, or started a family, and now want to return to college to attend a part-time or full-time program, on-campus or off-campus, and more and more student opt for distance education through online courses.

Start college as a freshman. When you completed your high school education some time back, it could be that you are unsure about how to start your college education and school search. Most colleges have counselors or study advisers especially to support adult or other non-traditional students.

You should get in touch with an admissions officer at your preferred school to learn all about programs for adults. The Campus Tours section of this site contains contact information for admission offices. Also, check out KHEAA’s online publication, Adults Returning to School for useful information.

Transfer from one college to another. Kentucky has developed several tools that make it easier to transfer coursework from one Kentucky college to another. A number of these focus on the transfer of community or technical college courses to a bachelor’s degree program. The transfer section of this site contains more information.

Enroll in Distance Education courses. Check out the Kentucky Virtual University or Electronic Campus to explore courses you can take online.

Learn more about how to pay for your college education. The financial aid section of this site contains information about grants, loans, and scholarships to help you pay for college.

If you need more information, you can contact the financial aid department at your preferred school or KHEAA at 1-800-928-8926. Also, check out KHEAA’s online publication, Adults Returning to School.